Friday 11 January 2013

2013... Let's go!

Happy New Year!
So we're almost a fortnight into 2013 but somehow it feels like much longer.  I've been quite neglectful of my blog over the past few months because things have been so busy, however, this will be rectified starting now :)

POPULAR ended last year on a fabulous note in November after showcasing for the first time ever at NIGHTWALK AW2012 in Glasgow. This was Take two of the show, the original was sadly cancelled after a power cut, so we were all excited and raring to go after all the prep from the previous date.  The show couldn't have went any better and the turn out was fantastic.  This was the first fashion show I had ever been involved with as a designer! It was amazing to get feedback from people on my collection and was just in general such a great experience - something that will definitely be one of the best memories ... now onto the next thing!








Recently I've been organising 2013 for POPULAR with a massive mix of collaborations, shoots, the new collection, launch of the official POPULAR website, hopefully another appearance at NIGHTWALK *fingers crossed* and a few more tricks up my sleeves ...
So all in all I'm extremely excited for things to come this year :)

This week I've been working on some new garments that won't be in the new collection but were made for an upcoming shoot this month, that I will be contributing some of my garments too.  These garments are a very similar style to my previous collection, however, very different in colour scheme and fabric but hopefully will be ideal for the theme of the shoot.  So watch this space!

I'm continuing, amongst everything else I'm working on, to make one off garments that aren't necessarily part of a collection but in an attempt to add more variety and choice to POPULAR's stock outwith my current and upcoming collections as I've had a lot of requests for shoots.

For the moment I'll be concentrating on the completion of the upcoming collection, shoot collaborations and several other projects (still to be revealed) until nearer Summer so it's all go until then when it will be completely MAD!

On a final note I'm pleased to say POPULAR sent off it's first ever purchase last week! Many more to come this year ...



No comments:

Post a Comment