Wednesday 5 September 2012

More Updates ...

So I've got a few exciting new updates :)

The first of which is that Popular will be showcasing at NIGHTWALK A/W 2012 this October.
I'm so thrilled to have the opportunity to be part of this event and with a great line-up there's no doubt it will be a roaring success and a fantastic night.

   



Here's a montage from NIGHTWALK SS2012 Fashion show (sourced from NIGHTWALK'S facebook page) For details on how to purchase tickets and find out what NIGHTWALK is all about check out their facebook Page for further information and updates.


Something else that has been in the works for a while now is the re-branding of Popular.  This has come about after basic decisions had to be made when I was considering things such as new business cards, swing tags for garments, labels and also a recognisable logo.
The creation of Popular took place during my final year of University and therefore this is where the idea and name both stem from. However, in the hope of future progression and development of the label, post University,I felt that I needed something more professional and that would also convey the feel of the label in it's design.

The creator behind Popular's new logo is Graphic Design student, Andrew Leitch.  Currently studying at Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art and design:University of Dundee and about to embark upon his fourth and final year of study to achieve his
BA(hons)for summer 2013.
After undertaking a successful summer internship in Glasgow and gearing up for his final year at University I was delighted when he agreed to do the re-design of Popular for both the new logo and the business cards ... although I think it showed a great deal of passion and commitment to his work that he managed to fit this project in considering everything else he was working at the time.

   So I'm thrilled to reveal the final product ...



I couldn't be more happy with the outcome and I can't wait to get the business cards off to be printed.  In addition to this Andrew has also designed the logo that I will be using specifically for NIGHTWALK, this will be revealed when my clothing is showcased that night.

I would just like to take this opportunity to thank Andrew for all his work, help and guidance throughout this process and of course the fabulous final outcome itself. 
I would definitely recommend Andrew to anyone else seeking a Graphic Designer for upcoming projects based upon his unwavering professionalism, commitment, versatility and fresh outlook - all of which he brings to any project.

To see more of Andrew's work and or to contact him regarding collaborations/future projects please feel free to visit his website.   


Finally, I had a new addition added to my home studio which was delivered today and I'm so excited to get sewing - bring on the stretch fabrics!










No comments:

Post a Comment